Idyll 10 year mattress guarantee
We are proud to offer a 10 year guarantee on our mattress. Please note that this guarantee is provided free of charge and in addition to the rights given to you by the law.
Our 10 year mattress guarantee is governed by and subject to the terms and conditions stated below.
What does the guarantee cover?
This guarantee covers the following defects in materials and workmanship of an idyll mattress that has at all times only been in normal domestic use and treated in accordance with our idyll mattress FAQ:
- Spring unit failure
- Side stitching coming apart
- Deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation or sag greater than 2.5cm, as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation as described in the idyll FAQ
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, as long as the mattress has not been handled improperly
- Concerning the mattress cover only, any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly or the fabric of the mattress cover. As noted below, a defect relating to the mattress cover alone will not entitle you to a replacement idyll mattress, just the cover itself
- Transit damage reported at the time of delivery.
Please retain a copy of your order confirmation as proof of purchase. You’ll need this to make a claim, without it we reserve the right to reject any claim under this guarantee.
Please also note that the guarantee is for the benefit of the original purchaser only and is not transferrable at resale.
What doesn’t the guarantee cover?
By way of example of what is not covered, please see the following list (although there can be other things too which are not covered):
- Our mattresses are designed to work to their optimum level when paired with our bed frame. A mattress which fails having been used on a non-compatible base as described in the FAQs, or a bed frame where the gaps between the slats are greater than 70mm, will not be protected under the terms of this guarantee
- This guarantee does not apply to natural settlement of fillings
- Products which have not been maintained in accordance with washing and/or care instructions supplied
- Comfort preference
- Use other than normal domestic use
- Physical abuse or damage to the mattress which causes defects such as burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage or stains
- Exposure to cold temperatures for a period of time that causes the materials to tear or permanently deform
- Mould, dirt or smells resulting from poor mattress care. More information can be found in the FAQs
- Any claim made other than for the benefit of the original purchaser
- Replacement of an idyll mattress due to defective cover. If you purchase a mattress and only the cover is defective (and not the mattress), we will only replace the cover and not the whole mattress
- Any mattress (whether manufactured by idyll or not) sold by a reseller who is not an authorised idyll reseller at the time of purchase
- Any mattress not opened within one month of the date of delivery
- Any mattress sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by someone else
- Any claim against this guarantee that is not made by contacting Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any claim against this guarantee that does not follow the process for making claims outlined in “What should you do if you believe you have a claim under the guarantee?”
- We reserve the right to refuse to collect and/or dispose of any unsanitary mattress.
When does the guarantee start?
The guarantee starts on the date of delivery of the mattress and lasts until the end of 10 years from that date.
What should you do if you believe you have a claim under the guarantee?
If you believe there is a defect which is covered by this guarantee, you should get in touch with our customer service team and they will:
- Ask you to submit a copy of your order confirmation as proof of purchase
- Ask for a description and any evidence of the defect which you believe is covered by the guarantee
- Require you to supply photographs of the entire sleeping surface of the mattress and any visible faults. Failure to send photographs of the defect may result in a replacement being delayed or the mattress not being replaced.
Based on the evidence provided, our customer service team will decide if idyll will cover the return shipping costs and any associated testing, which may include sending a technician to the mattress location. If idyll does not cover these costs and you incur them yourself, in the event of a successful claim, idyll will reimburse any reasonable costs of return shipping and any associated testing incurred by you (subject to you providing adequate proof of such costs being properly incurred).
We will then arrange pick up for your defective mattress or in the case of a replacement cover arrange for the delivery of a replacement cover to you.
What happens next?
Any evidence we receive regarding the potential guarantee claim, including the mattress itself in some cases, will be cross-examined and evaluated by idyll. When we have received the evidence we need to do so, we will decide at our sole, reasonable discretion if your claim is covered under the guarantee.
If we determine your claim is covered by the guarantee, we will:
- At our sole discretion, either repair the defective mattress at our cost or replace it with the same or a comparable mattress at our cost
- reimburse you for any reasonable costs of return shipping and any associated testing incurred by you (subject to you providing adequate proof of such costs being properly incurred); and
- Ship the repaired or replaced mattress back to you at our cost – please note that delivery of replaced or repaired mattresses is only available to the country to which the original order was delivered.
If we determine that your claim is not covered by the guarantee, we will ask you if you want us to return the mattress to you (at your cost) or dispose of the mattress (at our cost). If we do not hear from you within 30 days of such notification we shall dispose of the mattress (at our cost).
What if you have a valid claim under the guarantee and you want an upgraded mattress?
If you have a valid claim under the guarantee and you want to replace a defective mattress with a more expensive idyll mattress, then please email us at email@example.com. In these circumstances, you will be required to pay the difference between the original list price of the mattress and the list price of the upgrade mattress at the time of the upgrade.
Please note that delivery of upgraded mattresses under this guarantee is only available to the country to which the original order was delivered.
What guarantee applies to a replaced or repaired mattress or an upgrade mattress?
A replaced or repaired mattress you may receive following a successful claim under this guarantee is subject to the same limited mattress guarantee as the original mattress and retains the original guarantee period – i.e. 10 years from the date of delivery of the original mattress. For example, if you obtain a replaced or repaired mattress that is the same style and price as the original mattress, then the guarantee period of the replaced or repaired mattress begins from the date of delivery of the original mattress.
What if I only want a refund?
This guarantee does not give you the right to get a refund. The guarantee only covers replacements, repairs and upgrades for successful guarantee claims.
Who operates this guarantee?
The guarantee is operated by:
Jones & Tomlin (Workshops) Ltd, trading as Idyll, at 69 Chapel Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 1HR.
Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a guarantee claim. We cannot take into account any other channels for a valid guarantee claim.
We have the right to send an independent third party mattress inspection company, if we are unable to see the mattress fault clearly from the images provided. These technicians are fully trained and qualified to test for any manufacturing faults that are covered under your 10 year guarantee. They will complete a careful inspection of your mattress and produce a full report to advise us on the best solution for you. The report would provide the final decision on your case. Our customer service team will arrange the collection for the customer at a location of the customer’s choice in the country to which the original order was delivered.